I know a lot of us, including myself, didn’t take COVID-19 as seriously as we should have at the beginning. But what I do know is, it is not too late to change. We need to protect those vulnerable and ourselves.
We should by now, all be aware of the guidelines to follow, if you want a recap please see the attached link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ .
The main point I want to get across is the importance of SOCIAL DISTANCING.
I know how much of a sociable club we, Holloway Gaels are, but please ensure we are not meeting up in groups for house parties or social gatherings. YOU will be protecting the lives of many people by staying home.
My 5 top tips to keep us sane during these times:
- Morning Yoga/ stretch - Start your day with some gentle yoga- good for both the body and mind.
- Home workouts can be a good stress reliever and we don’t want to put back on the winter rolls we have shed after Ciaran’s training sessions.Follow the Foodmedic on Instagram she is putting up daily home workout routines. https://www.instagram.com/thefoodmedic
- Healthy Eating - My favourite Instagram accounts to follow for quick, easy, affordable and healthy meals and snacks https://www.instagram.com/thefoodmedic/ https://www.instagram.com/bobbybyrobertaharr/ https://www.instagram.com/daveynutrition/
- Limit social media and news - It can be overwhelming during this time. Make sure you are staying informed from reliable sources such as the NHS.uk or Gov.uk.I know many of us have rising anxiety during this time, please message or call a friend/teammate if you are struggling. See poem below.
- Helping the vulnerable - Make sure to help your elderly/ vulnerable neighbours. I have attached a link of a postcard that you can leave on their doorstep or in their letterbox. It gives the option to help by "Picking up shopping", "Posting mail", "A friendly phone call" or "Urgent supplies.” https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L_8GoI1zQ572fBZtElFfQZI9vNEwK7Rf/view
Written by: Cliona ‘Florence’ Twohig